Board of Directors
- Board President Joseph S. McDaniel, III: Recipient of a BA from Washington & Lee University and a veteran of the United States Army, Mr. McDaniel is a retired Vice President and financial advisor from Merrill Lynch. He also serves as the President of the Dover Historic Review Board and has formerly served as a member of the Downtown Dover Partnership, President of the Greater Dover Committee, a Chairman of the Dover Library Commission, President of the Dover Rotary Club, and a Senior Warden of the Christ Episcopal Church. He has served our Board of Directors since 1978 and has been President since 2008.
- Vice-President Mary Sherlock: A recipient of a BA from LeMoyne College and a JD from Widener University School of Law, Ms. Sherlock is a partner at Weber, Gallagher,
Simpson, Stapleton, Fires, & Newby. She is a member of the Judicial Nominating Committee of the Delaware Bar Association, a member of the Kent County Bar Association, Vice President of
the Board of Bar Examiners, and an attorney for the Kent County Row Offices.
- Treasurer Robert VanGorder: An alumnus of the Murphey School, Mr. VanGorder served in the United State Army Reserves for four years. He went on to work for DuPont for thirty years as a Training Supervisor. He is a life member of the Carlisle Fire Company in Milford and a Master Mason in Temple Lodge No. 9. In addition to serving on Murphey's board, he
is a member of the Board of Directors for the Masonic Hall Corporation in Milford.
- James Hutchison
- Estelle Lockwood
- Nancy Wagner: Ms. Wagner has a Master of Science from Wilmington College and a BA from Salem College in North Carolina. She served in the Delaware State House of Representatives from 1992 to 2008, where she served on many committees, including the Joint Finance and Tourism committees. She has previously worked as a teacher and Executive Director of Community Relations for Delaware State University, and also serves on the Boards of the Modern Maturity Center and Academy of Dover.
- Ralph Taylor
- Karen Hutchison: Ms. Hutchison holds degrees from Virginia Tech and the University of Delaware. In addition to teaching agricultural science, she has served as the Acting Director of Career and Technical Education for the Delaware Department of Education and is a Local Program Success Specialist for the National FFA Organization. She also serves on the Boards of the Delaware Foundation for Science and Math Education and the Delaware Agriculture Museum.